2015 FIRST Build Log: Week 4

16229372599_3e688bba84_o

Day 21:

Monday, January 19th, 2015

Today we were able to completely assemble our drive trains gearboxes. We finished customizing them to completely conform with our CAD. We also finished the sliders for our intake and got that working.

 

Day 22:

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015

We put together our chassis to see what it needed to be improved on. The bearing block and gear boxes were added and pullyed together. On the programming side of accomplishments we got the robot’s camera working. We also redesigned our electronics board to fit all the electronics as efficiently as possible.

Day 23:

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015

Today we focused on making improvements to the claw design to be more convenient to use. Meanwhile, our Programmers have been learning more about PID, a powerful program that allows for better control over the robot .

 

Day 24:

Thursday, January 22nd, 2015

Today the programming team made significant progress testing their PID program. PID(Proportional integral derivative) is a very powerful and useful program in any form of robotics. The program involves use of multiple sensors to minimize the errors that occur due to uncontrolled factors such as weight or momentum. Meanwhile, our prototype team continued to develop ways to improve our claw.

 

Day 25:

Friday, January 23rd, 2015

Today we added a key design to our robots intake to hold totes in place using their ridges around the lip of the tote. We also added extra support so that the gussets on the claw would not bend ,keeping the claw strait. Meanwhile the programming team continued to develop their PID program.

 

Day 26:

Saturday, January 24th, 2015

Today we had a club barbeque where we converged to discuss build season so far. We addressed any concerns or troubles that our members had. To prepare for the barbeque we cleaned the auto shop so that it a much nicer environment. After everyone had eaten we added support to our claw so that its prongs would not bend down any more, this is only a temporary fix until it can be welded together. We also made the shafts for our encoders.