As Hilo Viking Robotics moves into the 2016-2017 school year, we look to work harder than ever to achieve success. In order to formally declare our direction within the club, we've established the following goals that we've been working tirelessly to achieve.
- Compete in 2 off-island FIRST tournaments (Costing $9,000 total for registration + approximate $46,000 for mainland travel)
- Create a STEAM-themed fair as a major outreach event.
- Start and mentor local robotics teams around the island ($900 each for initial registration of FLL teams). We are currently working to start a team with Connections Charter School, E.B. DeSilva Elementary School and Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School! We are also looking at starting or restarting robotics programs at Waiakeawaena Elementary School.
- Build additional robots (2) on similar scales to FIRST for outreach and learning purposes (Cost is approximately $3,000 per robot).
- Reach out to 10 new sponsors in order to gain more community support.
- Develop a quarterly HVR Sponsorship Newsletter.
- Establish an Annual HVR Sponsorship Night at Hilo High School.
- Qualify one of our Vex robots for world level competition in the current game: Starstruck.
- Take home a Vex Design Award to qualify us for the next level of competition. This requires a high quality engineering notebook which we will start posting here!
- Achieve above a 12th place ranking in the upcoming FRC season.