We hope that your first couple of weeks with us have been fun! To start all of you off, here are some good resources and readings about VEX, this year’s challenge and other useful things.
So good luck, have fun, and hope you have an awesome year.
- Vex Forum
- Great for finding out about other people’s ideas, and help on just about anything VEX-related
- Parts & Sensors in Vex
- All the sensors, building materials, and stuff available from VEX for you to build with
- About the Game: Sack Attack
- General info about the game.
- Sack Attack Game Manual & Rules
- Extremely highly recommended reading, ESPECIALLY if you’re competing with us on Maui.
- RobotC (What we use for VEX)
- Is a variant of C/C++
- Is not free, but there is a 30 day trial available
- Once you officially join the club, we can provide a license key for the program
- C Programming Tutorials (What RobotC is based off of)
- Note: RobotC does not support pointers, so don’t worry about those just yet.
Other Equally Awesome Resources
- FIRST Robotics
- Remember our robot that shoots basketballs? That’s FIRST. This link will tell you what it’s all about.
- If you’re curious about FIRST, then this is a great place for you to start looking.
- HVR Facebook
- Our main hub of communication. If you have a Facebook, let us know and we’ll add you.